There are many ways to describe someone, aren’t there? Almost all are “external” descriptions: what we look like, what we do, where we live, and so on.
Here are some things about me:
- I am a computer geek. I have worked in the mainframe computer field for almost as long as businesses have used them. Yes, I remember coding sheets and punch cards.
- I love to travel. The world is a fascinating place and I want to experience more of it.
- I am spiritually restless. I am uncomfortable with organized religion of any sort, but there is a deep spiritual core that I cannot / will not abandon.
- I love movement and dance. I am a gym rat at heart, and I dance with wild abandon. Little by little I am learning to hoop dance and that is a joyful thing.
- I work with silver and other metals to create jewelry, incorporating glass, stone, wood, and other materials as well.
- I am deeply in love with my husband of 19 years.
- I am daughter, sister, aunt, cousin in an amazingly varied family.
- I am nearing retirement (closer than I dare dream) and starting to plan for what my life after corporate America will look like.
But who is the “real” person, the one inside all the masks? Well, that’s what this blog is for. So I can tell my stories, the ones that tell who I am, to the world. My letters to the universe.