I decided last week to knit a lace shawl. Because, you know, quarantine!
Here are the things I’m learning in the process:
1) I must not wait until the end of an entire repeat to count my stitches. Having to go back more than about 10 or 12 stitches to fix an error is just asking for trouble.
2) I am allowed to put stitch markers wherever I like instead of (only) between each pattern repeat.
3) Yarn-overs were invented by a trickster god who laughs hysterically every time a knitter misses one or drops one by accident.
4) “Total focus” is just the starting point for the level of concentration required for success in this endeavor.
5) At the rate I’m progressing, we will be past the third or fourth wave of the pandemic by the time I’m done. But it will be lovely.
Until next time!